Sunday 6 October 2013

Sam by Iain Rob Wright


It is no secret that I am an avid Iain Rob Wright fan; but this book is in a league of its own.

I had chills up my back and literal goosebumps reading this in my lounge with the fire on!

The basis of the story is in the blurb - but this does not show you the in depth characterisation, I now feel I know these people and I miss them, and fear them.

There are a lot of red herrings along the way, a full shoal one could say.

A murder/mystery wrapped up in a haunted house with the Devil as its host.

Everyone in this novel seems to have an alternative reason for being there, as Mulder says - trust no one!

When the going gets heavy, Tim (the Shaggy without his Scoopy) springs up with a daft comment that makes you smile, easing the horror just enough for IRW to slap you round the head a little later on.

Days later I was still a little spooked about this novel. An A+ read.



No comments:

Post a Comment