Monday 7 October 2013

Finding Poe by Leigh M. Lane



From the first few lines I was drawn into a nightmare, as the story continues I never knew what was real or a dream.  I got quite confused at some points such is the atmospheric and haunting elements the author Leigh M. Lane is able to evoke with her writing. 

When I finally finished I had to give myself a shake to reacclimatise myself to reality, I was so engrossed I forgot where I was!

I was quite surprised at the odd gore moment too.

Having never read Poe, other than A tell tale heart back in school days, I'm not sure what I was expecting, however this has tempted me enough to buy his back work and give it a whirl.  I hope to reread this at some point post His work to get the full benefit!.

Reading through the other reviews I don’t think I could put how I felt any better than this lovely lyrical line by Lori. R. Lopez (another beautiful author) “The author conveys you on an expedition through fact and fiction, madness and mystery, and in the end you will be left to gaze at the clever swirl of intrigue unmasked with a sense of having met Poe himself and danced with the devil.”




No comments:

Post a Comment