Wednesday 13 November 2013

Serial by Tim Marquitz


Set in El Paso Detective Isaac Grant is called out to view a murder scene, this hardened cop is suddenly aware of two serial killers trying to outdo each other with escalating gruesome acts and my, my they are awesome in their grotesqueness Mr Marquitz out does himself with the gore.

It soon becomes apparent that not all is as it seems. The chase is on to find them both as intrigue, office politics and secrecy abound.
This is a fast paced novella with no fillers, long introductions or over characterisation which brought me to a shuddering finale that I was so not expecting.

The writing is clean, editing superb and the tone is just enough to keep you on the edge of your seat. It straddles the line between horror and thriller nicely.  

On the negative side I felt like some more background on both the characters and town would have made me care more about the murders, but that is nit-picking.




No comments:

Post a Comment