Friday 17 October 2014

In the Valley, Where Belladonna grows by Tim Lebbon





I found the beginning very slow and confusing but then I was also intrigued and the story started to grow on me, it is only a 2-3 hour read and you will be rewarded with not only a well thought out tale but well written with some great descriptions of a beautiful way of life.

Apparently Mary has been wronged by her powerful husband Sherlock, cheated on and beaten until she decided to shove back. She has been banished to a valley where, even at her late stage in life, she must fend for herself and live off and with the land.

TL unwinds this relationship with Sherlock and its slow demise like a tangled ball of knitting wool.  In this ball are some huge knots in the shape of rapid dogs, half dead visitors and some hysterical home renovation skills.


I found the ending most satisfying and whilst it took me awhile to get into the story I really enjoyed the meander. I look forward to reading more of Tim Lebbon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment