Saturday 13 February 2016

Shoebox by Michael Bray




A lucky find in the garden leads to a series of disasters.

Generally, Lee is not a likeable character, I found myself wanting to smack him and I felt sorry for Jenny, his wife, for putting up with him for so long.

It had the essence of the Shallow Grave film about it but with a one view perspective as we watch Lee become more and more paranoid and go to greater lengths to protect his find.

The bathroom scene was gruesome and in perfect MB style, as was the twist at the end, which I thought was really well planned out. Even with a second read I could not see it coming.


This has been wonderfully narrated by Chris Barnes on Audible; he always manages to give more life to the authors characters. Making me jump, squirm and grimace with his excellent pacing.



No comments:

Post a Comment